Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This is why Republicans aren't in charge anymore

In my post on the Republican complaints about the stimulus bill two months ago I pointed out that, at the time, Republicans seemed to take the attitude that any public health spending was wasteful. In that post I left out quite a few items for brevity, one of them was an op-ed written by Karl Rove.

Now I'm not so much on board with the Swine Flu panic that is so en vogue with politicians and the media right now, but I do find it funny that just two months ago Rove pointed out this piece of "waste" for us (sixth paragraph):
There's also $4 billion for health programs like obesity control and smoking cessation, $2 billion for the National Institutes of Health, $462 million for the Centers for Disease Control, and $900 million for pandemic flu preparations. Health care also added jobs last year.
Sometimes I almost believe that these guys can predict the future, figure out the right course of action, then argue to do the opposite.

1 comment:

Antje Spethmann said...

Love that last line of argument... except that I believe Rove is much more evil than just inept.